You may receive an error message when trying to stream our live channels or watch catch up programmes if you have DRM / EME disabled. This prevents you from watching protected content. Please follow these troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Desktop Chrome browser
1. Go to chrome://settings/content
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Protected Content
3. Click the toggle button so it says "Allow sites to play protected content (recommended)"
Desktop Firefox browser
1. Go to about:preferences
2. Scroll down to the "digital Right Management (DRM) Content" section
3. Tick the "Play DRM-controlled content" box
Desktop Microsoft Edge:
1. Open Microsoft Edge
2. Scroll down to Settings Cookies & Permissions
2. Click on Protected Content. Make sure both options are toggled.
1. Tap the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner
2. In the dropdown menu, scroll down and tap "Settings"
3. In the settings page, scroll down and tap "Site settings"
4. In the site settings page, scroll down and tap "Media"
5. In the media page, tap "Protected content"
6. Tap "https://www.itv.com" and then tap "CLEAR & RESET"
7. Exit the browser settings and refresh the page you were trying to view.
8. When you see the pop up "www.itv.com wants to play protected content", tap "ALLOW"