Our videos are designed to play pretty much straight away, but a small amount needs to be loaded, or "buffered" first before play can begin. However, if your signal is weak or your internet connection is slower than 800kbps, the ITV Hub may not be able to download enough of the show to play.
Buffering issues can be caused by a number of things:
- Weak or unstable wifi/network connection
- Downloads running in the background
- Too many files in your Temporary Internet Files folder
There's a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
- Clear app data/restart your device if you are viewing on a mobile or tablet
- Clear your cache and cookies if you are viewing on our website
- Restart your router (unplug it/power it off for 30 seconds and then turn it back on)
You can check your broadband speed by visiting www.speedtest.net.